Our GD&T Advanced course builds upon the core framework established in the GD&T Fundamentals course. Because Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards cover every manufacturing application across every industry, the GD&T Advanced course gives students a more comprehensive understanding of GD&T standards and their application. This course fleshes out our Fundamentals framework to show students how every GD&T Symbol and Callout are used.
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand every term and concept contained within the GD&T Standards
- Learn how advanced datum controls are interpreted and applied in measurement
- Understand functional gaging and how to design a gage for quick part inspection
- Learn the benefits of composite controls for position and profile tolerances and how to interpret them
- Know how to calculate fixed & floating fastener applications and guarantee the fits of bolted connections
- Learn cost saving techniques that benefit manufacturing processes and inspection
- Perform boundary tolerance calculations on parts to detect minimum and maximum limits
- Gain a full understanding of their industry’s specific topics in the ASME Y14.5 standard
You’ll leave this course equipped to design, interpret, and understand GD&T real engineering drawings—and empowered to work more confidently, communicate more clearly, and produce parts more efficiently.
Our GD&T Advanced course is great for individuals and companies seeking advanced techniques to save costs, open up tolerances and understand GD&T best practices for design, production and inspection.
Our Advanced GD&T course is ideal for:
- Design Engineers
- Lead Inspectors and Inspection Planners
- Lead Machinists and Operators
- Tool/Gage Engineers
- Engineering Managers and Supervisors
- Manufacturing Engineers
Don’t forget the rest of your crew! Maximize your team’s GD&T proficiency and align the whole production line by training your entire team together. Contact us for group pricing discounts and customized training programs designed around your company’s specific needs.
- Our Advanced course is Part 2 of our GD&T Professional Program, following Part 1: GD&T Fundamentals.
- To enroll in the GD&T Advanced course, you can register for the GD&T Professional Bundle, which includes both our GD&T Fundamentals and Advanced courses in one program – or our Engineering Expert Bundle, which includes our Print Reading and Tolerancing course and both GD&T courses in one program.
- No additional materials to purchase – everything you’ll need is included (see below)
- 24/7 access to our online course on any device for 3 or 12 months, depending on training program:
- 3-month access with live training
- 12-month access with online training
- Direct instructor email support with access to pre-recorded video answers
- Live and pre-recorded webinars offering design, production, and inspection walk-throughs
- Helpful charts, drawing examples, practice exercise worksheets, and other printable handouts
- Quizzes and knowledge checks to gauge progress throughout the course
- Certificate of course completion along with a LinkedIn Skills Badge
Learn how to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing whenever, wherever, and however is most convenient for you. Our GD&T Fundamentals & Advanced courses are available in the following formats:
- On-Site Training, where an instructor visits your facility to provide customized hands-on training for your team
- Virtual Training, where an instructor provides customized training for your team through live video conferencing
- Online Course, where you access quizzes and videos-on-demand to progress through training at your own pace—either alone or along with your team
- Hybrid Learning, where you combine the self-paced online course with customized consulting to reinforce your print reading competence
Whether you prefer to learn on your own or with a live instructor, in a group, online, or in-person, we can design a training plan tailored to meet your needs.
To download the course syllabus for Print Reading and Tolerances.